An institutional library is vital for the development of an educational institution. Symbiosis Institute of Technology-Nagpur Library understands the importance of lifelong learning for its users and the improvement of their academic knowledge, skills, and competence. Libraries are an integral part of the Institute, supporting students and faculty members engaged in the exchange and creation of knowledge within the Institute.
It aims to disseminate knowledge by acquiring internationally acclaimed books, journals, and repositories. The library connects both students and faculty members with knowledge resources and strives to provide a professional and conducive learning environment for the empowerment of its users. Presently Symbiosis Institute of Technology-Nagpur Library has a rich collection of Engineering and Information Technology books.
|Monday to Saturday||9.00 AM to 10.00 PM||9.00 AM to 10.00 PM||11:15 AM to 6.45 PM|
|Library Closed All Sundays and National Holidays as per SIU Calendar|
Membership is by default extended to:
- Faculty (Full time and Visiting) and Non-Teaching Staff of Symbiosis Institute of Technology.
- B. Tech. students of Symbiosis Institute of Technology.
Rules for the Members
- While using the library facility institute identity card is mandatory for each user.
- Members should adhere to the dress code of the institute.
- Eatable and drinks are not allowed inside the library.
- Use of the cellular phone is not allowed inside the Library.
- Reading Hall Members should carry their own material for study.
- Library will terminate the member in case of misbehavior/violation of rules.
1. Inter Library Loan (ILL):
Library arranges to borrow books unavailable in the SIT library on Inter-Library Loan from other Symbiosis libraries. This is done on an Institution-to-Institution basis. Such materials will have to be handled with utmost care and returned to the library well on time. This service is provided for academic and research purposes to the faculty, registered students of SIT, and staff who are members of the SIT library.
Members are requested to send a formal request to the library with complete bibliographic details of the Book which can be accessed via the WEB-OPAC.
2. Referral Services:
The library offers individualized service to assist students, faculty, researchers, and staff in locating the required information i.e. book or magazine/journal location in the library
- Locate information in the library and elsewhere.
- Answer specific information questions.
In case of any quires, mail can be sent to email@example.com
3. New Additions of Books:
The library brings out a monthly list of books added to the collection. This list is sent to the library users over email.
4. Plagiarism Checking Service:
Library offers Plagiarism Checking Service to its registered users using a ‘Turnitin’ tool. “Turnitin” is a leading originality-checking and plagiarism-prevention web tool which allows researchers to compare their contents against massive databases to ensure the work is original before submission. SIU Central Library has a paid license to this tool and gives an account to SIT Library.
At the moment the library is checking Plagiarism for students’ assignments and dissertations as well as for faculties for their research articles on prior base intimation.
5. Document Delivery Service:
SSE library provides Document Delivery Service to its registered users. If the required articles or research papers which come in the journals are available in the subscribed database, then the SIT library sends the full text to its users and if the required information access in full text is not available in subscribed database then SIT library coordinates with its mother concern to provide its users with the requested materials.
Borrowing privileges of SIT Library:
|Category||Borrowing books||Loan Period||Reissue Period|
|All Regular Teaching Faculty||10||6 Months||Nil|
|Visiting / Guest Faculty||2||30 Days||Nil|
|Non-Teaching Staff||2||15 Days||Nil|
|Student (UG)||4||15 Days||7 Days|
- Home Lending Facility is available to the members of the Teaching and Non-Teaching staff and students.
- The Library book must be returned on or before the last date stamped on the Due Date slip, pasted on the book’s first page.
- On failure of returning books on due dates a fine of Rs.2/- per day will be charged. A fine of Rs.50/- per day will be charged in case of reference material issued for reading is taken away by the student.
- Students should use their own library card, and I-Card. The students should not lend their library cards and I-Card to others. If they do they will have to suffer the losses incurred in process of loss, damage, fine, etc.
- Books that are labeled/stamped as reference books are not for borrowing.
- Library is authorized to declare/hold certain books as reference material according to the demand. The book may not be labeled as Reference material.
- New/Latest issues and back volumes are for reference only.
- Borrowing period for a particular material can shrink according to the demand.
Web OPAC link: http://symbiosis-koha.informindia.co.in/
Web OPAC is an Online Public Access Catalogue that allows library users to avail the services of the library using the Internet. Every library member gets access to Web OPAC where he/she can check his/her circulation history, recommend new book titles to the library, create own reading list of favorite books, etc.
SIU Library Portal:https://library.siu.edu.in/
Library members can get access to all e-resources on the library portal. To access these e-resources one should have the login credentials authorized by the institution. Every year newly admitted student is provided the registration by the librarian, for a period equivalent to their course duration.
Once the registration is completed, members get access to all e-resources purchased by the SIU Central Library. Also, all institutionally subscribed databases, e-books, and e-journals can be accessed through this library portal.
Following e-resources Subscribed by SIU Central Library:
|1||EBSCO & EBSCO Discovery Service|
|3||Web of Science and EndNote|
|7||Research Tool: QuestionPro|
|8||Research Tool: Turnitin|
|10||McGraw Hill EBook|
|12||Sage Research Method (SRM Core)|
The Library consists of the following members:
|Sr. No.||Library Committee Constitution||Names & Designation|
|1||Chairperson (Director of the Institute/ Head of Department||Dr. Mukesh M. Raghuwanshi|
|2||Invitee- Advisor from SIU Central Library||Dr. Sangeeta Paliwal, Librarian - SIU|
|3||Faculty Library In-Charge (Member)||Dr. Ramdas Khomane|
|4||Three faculty members nominated by Director sir||
|5||Asst. Administrative Officer||Mr. Santosh Shukla|
|6||Student Representatives nominated by Director sir||One Student from 2nd Year
One Student from 1st Year
|7||Asst. Library In-charge of the constituent (member secretary)||Mr. Anshul Vaidya|
Feedback form only for SIT Users. SIT students can give their feedback with their logins
To suggest or recommend a reading material (book/ Journal/ Magazine/ CD etc.) to purchase in the Library, you may submit your purchase request through ‘Koha Web OPAC’ (hyperlink with http://symbiosis-koha.informindia.co.in/) or you can send your purchase suggestions on firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Anshul Vaidya||Assistant Library Inemail@example.com|
Frequently Asked Questions.
1. Who can access the library Services?
Students, Faculty, Visiting Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, and Staff of Symbiosis Institute of Technology can access the SIT library services. Also, other institutes’ users of Symbiosis can refer to the books of SIT Library on the Library Premises only. An identity card is mandatory to enter SIT Library.
Outside users who belong to other colleges apart from Symbiosis are allowed to refer to the books inside the library premises. These users are requested to bring an official letter duly signed by their Librarian/Head of the Department/Guide/Principal and an identity card of their college is mandatory to avail of SIT services.
2. Can I bring a personal book to the library?
You can your own books to the library by making the necessary entries the in daily log register.
3. How many books does a member get issued?
Following are the details of books for each category of member
|Sr. No.||Category of Member||No of Books||Period|
4. What is the issue with return timings in the library?
|Monday to Saturday||9.00 am to 10.00 pm||9.00 am to 10.00 pm||11:15 am to 6.45 pm|
5. What are the overdue charges against the late return of the book?
Over dues, as laid down hereunder, shall be charged to the students if they fail to return the book(s) on or before the deadline as indicated on the Due-Date-Slip in the book:
Fine will be charged including all Sundays and Holidays.
Rs.2.00 per book per day shall be charged
6. I have lost the library Book, What I require to do?
First, you should immediately report to the circulation desk at the library. In case a book/magazine/Journal is lost; the borrower has to replace the same with the latest Edition/Version of the material. If the copy is out of print, then the user must pay the material’s cost along with the overdue amount fine within 15 days from the reporting. Please download the form from the website and submit it duly filled to the Assistant Library In-charge.
7. Where can I make a suggestion to the library?
“Suggestion Box” placed at the entrance of the library where you can drop in your valuable suggestion(s). You can also email the suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
8. How can I recommend a book for purchase in the Library?
Students can give their recommendations through the Web OPAC. Log in with your PRN fill the form and submit it.
9. How can I access the E-Recourses?
As it is mentioned on the website under the E-Resources. You can access these databases through the login credentials of the SIU Central Library Gateway Portal which is been issued to all the registered students of SSE. Those who don’t know the credentials can contact the library. Only Symbiosis students and faculty can access these databases through their own login credentials.
Symbiosis Institute of Technology,
Village Mauje-Wathoda/ Bhandewadi,
Nagpur-440008, Maharashtra, India