Dr.Ketan Kotecha, PhD ( IIT Bombay)
Professor, Computer Science & Engineering
Head, Symbiosis Centre for Applied Artificial Intelligence (SCAAI)
Dean, Faculty of Engineering, Symbiosis International (Deemed University)
- Erasmus + faculty mobility grants from European Union
- LEAP (Leadership for Academicians Programme) grant from MHRD Govt of India in collaboration with IIT Kharagpur and University of Cambridge UK, November 2019-Jan 2020.
- DUO- INDIA Professor fellowship under Asia - Europe Meeting (ASEM-DUO) with Brunel University, UK, 2020
- Two Research grants worth INR 1.66 crores under Promotion of Academic and Research Collaboration(SPARC) scheme by MHRD, Govt of India, in collaboration with Arizona State University USA and University of Queensland, Australia.
- Invite and sponsorship from Embassy of the United States of America to participate in US-India Higher Education Collaboration Workshop to be held in Washington D.C on April 2020 for establishing international partnerships for research and academic collaborations with India and USA.
- Invited as Editor for the prestigious Q1 Scopus journal PeerJ Computer Science considering his expertise in the domain of Artificial Intelligence. https://peerj.com/DrKetanKotecha/
An advocate and practitioner of emotional intelligence in workplaces, Dr Ketan Kotecha is at the helm of the administrative, academic and entrepreneurship affairs of the Symbiosis International (Deemed University). His 25 years of extraordinary career saw him serving in the finest of the engineering colleges in various higher technical education leadership positions.
An avid researcher, he has various prestigious transnational projects under him. He is recipient of the projects worth INR 1.6 crores on AI for Credibility Analysis of Information and Explainable AI for Health care in collaboration with the Arizona State University, USA and the University of Queensland, Australia under Scheme for Promotion of Academic and Research Collaboration(SPARC) by MHRD, GoI respectively. He is also a team member for the nationwide initiative on "AI and Deep Learning Skill" and Research named Leadingindia.ai initiative sponsored by Royal Academy of Engineering, UK under Newton Bhabha Fund.
A researcher - teacher of Deep Learning, his interest areas are Artificial Intelligence, Computer Algorithms, Machine Learning, Deep Learning Higher Order Thinking Skills, Critical Thinking and Ethics & Values.
His research work can also be seen at https://scholar.google.co.in/citations?user=oNiE0gMAAAAJ&hl=en
He has more than 100 papers published /presented at international conferences around the world, to his credit and 3 patents filed. He is Guide to doctoral students working on the various field of Computer Engineering and especially in Machine Learning for PhD/MTech Degrees. His insightful articles on varying topics are also published in news dailies; CSI magazine; AIU University newsletter etc.
He was keynote speaker for events (recent ones) such as ACMA Technology Summit 2019, Pune; international conference on “Flexible Learning Pathways: Asia-Europe Conference on Lifelong Learning and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development”, Hanoi, Vietnam; Artificial Intelligence & Data Analytics in Decision Making" at the 14th FICCI Higher Education Summit 2018. He was also a member of FICCI higher education delegation to S Korea in May 2019. He has also delivered a talk on Research directions for Artificial intelligence at various forums including at IIT Bombay.
Dr Kotecha was founding Provost of Gujarat's largest private university- Parul University. He was Director – Academic Development and Research Cell, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, where he also served as the Dean and Director of the Institute of Technology, Nirma University.
He was Governing Council Member of the USA based Global Engineering Dean’s Council – India Chapter and is also a member of National Advisory Council for Confederation of Indian Industry’s (CII) Engineering and Management Curriculum Restructuring Task Force. He is the member of Governing Council of various universities and member of Academic Council at few Universities. He was a Member of the Technical Advisory Committee of BRTS, Ahmedabad and is also a member of Metro–Link Express for Gandhinagar.
Dr Kotecha is also an independent director of Gujarat Informatics nominated by Government of Gujarat.
A recipient of Erasmus + faculty mobility grant from European Union, Dr Kotecha was invited by Wroclaw University of Science and Technology and Poznan University of technology, Poland for delivering sessions on Machine learning. He was a visiting expert to University of Pretoria, S. Africa. He was also invited and visited various countries like USA, Canada, Singapore, Hong Kong, S. Africa, Spain, Poland, Germany, Cz Republic, Switzerland, Argentina, China, Vietnam, and South Korea.
Dr Kotecha is pioneer in Education Technology, believes in drastic curriculum reforms and innovative teaching-learning practices. He is also a voracious reader and is passionate about travelling and indulging in good food.
Online Articles:1. How can An Institute Help Build Startups Through Their Pedagogy
2. What careers to choose after Geoinformatics?
3. 6 ways in which certification courses add an edge to your resume.
4. Certificate course in AI and Machine learning – The right way to add value to your resume.
5. How to prepare for JEE 2019 and other upcoming engineering entrance exams.
6. Life in an Engineering College.
7. Symbiosis Technology Institute teachers get Rs. 1.66 crore funding.
Newspaper Articles:1. How to practice your Ikigai?
2. Principal speak: Dr.Ketan Kotecha opens up about plans for Symbiosis Institute of Technology.
3. Take the right decision after class XII
4. Article In The Hindu On 3D printers and digital twins.