B.Tech (Computer Science & Engineering)
As one of the best B.Tech CSE colleges in India, SIT Nagpur’s engineering department endeavours to impart quality education to students in the areas of computer science and information technology with exposure to industrial problems and application development through specialization programmes, student workshops, industry internships, Value-added courses and Projects.
The department has very competent faculty certified and trained to teach advanced areas in computer science like Cloud Computing, Software Quality, Cyber Security, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Blockchain Technology, Internet of Things and so on.
Our major goal is to continue our legacy of being among the best colleges for B.Tech CSE in India by providing world-class faculty, state-of-the-art infrastructure, and industry collaborations to ensure that our students receive a comprehensive education that aligns with current industry demands.
Along with the core degree, the Department of Computer Science Engineering also offers the following additional Honors in line with the industry's latest trends.
- AI and Machine Learning
- Data Science
- Game Design and Development
- Security and Privacy
- Internet of Things
Highlights of the department:
- Industry-led Flexi courses
- Global Immersion program with renowned foreign universities
- Opportunity to acquire a diploma in business management from SIBM
- Department-organized tech fests and hackathons
- Mentor-Mentee system to facilitate the progress of the students
- Academic Curricula benchmarked with International Universities
- Industry-visits, guest lectures, seminars, and workshops by eminent researchers and industry practitioners
- Six months industry internship
- Tinker lab to inculcate creativity
- Active student clubs and bodies
- Project-based Learning
- Multi-cultural and vibrant teaching environment
We are proud of our top-notch quality in technical education and innovation at SIT Nagpur, where our unique selling proposition sets us apart as a leading institution shaping the future of engineering and technology, thereby making us the best college for B.Tech CSE in India.
Proposed Programme/ Course Structure
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (PO)
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assesssocietal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader indiverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
PSO1: Engineering and Practical Knowledge
To apply the concepts of computer engineering and practical knowledge in analysis, design and development of computing systems and applications to multi-disciplinary problems.
PSO2: Cutting Edge Technology
To provide a concrete foundation to the students in the cutting edge areas of Computer Science Engineering and further help them in excelling in the chosen areas of advanced computer science areas like Machine Learning, Algorithms, Data Science, Internet of Things, Computing and Data Security and Privacy.